School Meals at Chadsmead
We are proud to be able to offer our children a daily choice of a two course lunch with a drink. Every meal is cooked and served to the Department for Education’s School Food Standards. These standards include:
- One or more portions of vegetables or salad as an accompaniment every day
- At least three different fruits, and three different vegetables each week
- An emphasis on wholegrain foods in place of refined carbohydrates
- An emphasis on making water the drink of choice
- Limiting fruit juice portions to 150ml
- Restricting the amount of added sugars or honey in other drinks to five percent
- No more than two portions a week of food that has been deep-fried, batter-coated or breadcrumb-coated.
- No more than two portions of food which include pastry each week.
If you think your child may be entitled to Free School Meals, please apply at:
https://apps2.staffordshire.gov.uk/web/fsmweb/ or come into the Office and we can do this for you.
We believe that the school lunchtime is a wonderful opportunity for all our children to sit down together and enjoy a healthy and tasty meal, whilst developing their social skills. Chartwells have been awarded the contract to provide the school meal catering services from Monday 10th June 2019. Under the new contract, the kitchen staff will remain the same and will be providing a wide range of freshly prepared meals with seasonal and locally sourced ingredients to ensure every meal is tasty and nutritious. Specific dietary requirements are noted, please arrange to see the Kitchen Team if your child has any dietary requirements.
The cost of a school dinner is £2.60 per day and is payable via ParentPay.
UIFSM – Universal Infant Free School Meals
All our children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 receive a Universal Infant Free School Meal. This is a nationwide initiative.
FSM – Free School Meals
If you think that you may be eligible to claim free school meals for your child, please contact the office for information or an application form.
An online application form is now available to apply for free school meals at
Food Hygiene Rating
Our school kitchen is regularly inspected by Lichfield District Council. To see our latest report please click below: