We believe that children should wear uniform in school. We would like children to have pride in being a part of Chadsmead Primary Academy and in maintaining a well-dressed and smart appearance.
If your child is unable to wear an item of the uniform temporarily, please let us know by letter. We have never yet sent a child home for being improperly dressed, but we reserve the right to do so. If you are not sure about what is appropriate we would be pleased to talk with you.
- Black ‘school type’ trousers, shorts, skirt, skort or pinafore dress
- White polo shirt (logo not required)
- Chadsmead sweatshirt or V-necked cardigan with school logo
- Black school shoes (flat sole/low heels, not trainers or boots)
- Black socks/tights
- Blue check only dresses (Optional-Summer term only)
- Plain blue/black hair band if required
- Children should have an outdoor coat
NB: Summer fashion shoes e.g. ‘jelly beans’, flip flops, open toed
sandals, and canvas shoes etc are not permitted
- Black shorts
- Chadsmead T-Shirt (either gold or light blue)
- Black pumps or trainers
- Black Tracksuit (limited logos) in cold weather
- Plain one-piece swimming costume/trunks
- Swimming hat
EVERY item of uniform MUST be marked with the child’s full name
- We prefer children NOT to wear earrings because of potential for accidents. However, small round ‘ball like’ silver/gold studs may be worn ONLY. These MUST be removed for PE/Games or covered with a plaster provided by home.
- Hair for girls and boys which is longer than shoulder length MUST be tied back.
- Extreme hair styles are not permitted. Only natural hair colours are permitted.