Please contact me through the school office should you wish to talk about your child and their needs or any queries you have regarding SEND.
01543 421850 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Here at Chadsmead Academy our path forwards involve all children irrespective of their needs. All children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) should be able to reach their full potential in our school. At Chadsmead this means giving them appropriate access to the school building, the outside environment, the curriculum and the wider school life.
The SEND School Local Offer sets out what we at Chadsmead Academy feel we can offer as an Academy to support children with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) and answers questions regarding Special Educational Needs and Difficulties and the SEND Code of Practice.
- A child with a learning difficulty is a child that has:
- A significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others of the same age
- A difficulty that prevents him/her from making use of educational facilities of a kind generally provided for others of the same age
- A physical or mental impairment which has long term* and substantial** adverse effects on a child’s ability to carry out normal day to day activities
- NB: * long term is more than one yet
- NB: **Substantial is more than minor / trivial.
Staffordshire Family Partnership - SENDIASS
Staffordshire Aiming High Activities