Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
We support all our children through first quality teaching and differentiation. This means that learning activities are planned according to the level the child is working at so that they can make progress and adjustments can be made to support them whilst they learn
The school follows a graduated approach to meeting learning difficulties has been designed so that parent/carers will be informed if their child has been identified as requiring additional support.
The SENDCo, Mrs Cadman, will make sure that all necessary school staff are aware of your child’s needs and worries.
If your child has been identified with extra educational needs, an Individual Learning Plan will be written with the teacher and shared with you and your child.
If your child has medical needs, a care plan and pupil profile will be written and shared with you.
All staff have access to these plans. The plans identify how your child should be helped to succeed and make progress. These plans will be reviewed regularly.
Chadsmeads Offer for Cognition and Learning Needs
Chadsmeads Offer for Communicaton and Interaction Needs
Chadsmeads Offer for Physical and Sensory Needs
Chadsmeads Offer for Social Emotional and Mental Health Needs
- A child with a learning difficulty is a child that has:
- A significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others of the same age
- A difficulty that prevents him/her from making use of educational facilities of a kind generally provided for others of the same age
- A physical or mental impairment which has long term* and substantial** adverse effects on a child’s ability to carry out normal day to day activities
- NB: * long term is more than one yet
- NB: **Substantial is more than minor / trivial.
SEND Graduated Approach Diagram
SEND Local Offer - An Overview
Process - Identifying a new pupil need
Process - SEND Plan Do Assess Review Cycle
SEND and Inclusion District Hub Model
01543 421850 or email: email@example.com